Disclosure: This article is for information purposes only and should not be considered as investment or tax advice. The author does not endorse any of the products discussed.
For those investors that are time-strapped or simply do not care to do much of their own research, mutual funds and exchange traded funds have long been the go to investment option.While the traditional market is quite saturated, the digital world is still young. As such, the availability of tokens that track various portions of a market or invest within a certain mandate has been quite limited.
Enter Astronaut Capital and Picolo Research. Astronaut Capital released the ASTRO token in November 2017 as ICOs were starting to slow down. Perhaps, because of this it has not been given the attention it deserves in the media.
Spectacular Track Record
Picolo Research is Astronaut Capital’s own research team, and their track record is astounding. They read over tips from the community and then perform their own research and release a rating for the proposed tokens. So far, they have released:
- 3 Buy Ratings
- Average Max Profit of 405%
- Current Average Profit of 146%
- 1 pick not currently realizable for profit
- 12 Speculative Buy Ratings
- Average Max Profit of 342%
- Current Average Profit of 229%
- 2 picks not ever realizable for profit
- 5 picks not currently realizable for profit
- 1 Neutral Rating
- Negative Returns
- 1 Risky Rating
- Max Profit 13%
- Current -60% Loss
- 4 Avoid Ratings
- Average Max Profit of 183%
- Current Average Profit of 103%
As you can see, Astronaut’s research team has chosen some very profitable tokens, while avoiding some troublesome coins. Their stated intention is to distribute 50% of realized returns to holders of ASTRO and reinvest the other 50% in their team and chosen investments. This strategy should lead to aggressive growth of both the dividend and the token’s value. Until the first payment of the dividend though, it is unclear what their exit-strategy from these tokens will be though.
Projected Dividend for December 2017 = $0.19/ASTRO
- Astronaut Capital invested $1.5 million USD divided evenly among the 15 Buy and Speculative Buy rated tokens
- ICOdrops suggests Astronaut Capital raised over $2 million USD, but some amount most likely held back for future options and other expenses
- Astronaut Capital able to realize 50% ($2.6 million USD) of the maximum possible gains on all Buy and Speculative Buy rated tokens
- This helps control for missed opportunities and decisions to hold for longer positions
- All tokens bought during initial respective ICOs
- Some discounts not taken into account in this example
Target Price Based on Projected Dividend = $16
A $16/ASTRO price is fair for this projected dividend, as it would mean about a ~5% dividend yield. To put this projection into perspective, here are some dividend yields from around the world. In Canada RBC’s dividend yield is around 4%, IGM Financial Inc.’s is above 5%. In Australia Argo Investments sits around a 4% dividend yield, while NAB boasts an impressive 6.5%. The U.S. banking system has lower dividend yield, but Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase both maintain a yield right around 2%.
Until the first dividend is paid, it is unwise to develop further theories or projections on the profitability of the ASTRO token. However, if Picolo Research’s track record is maintained, than holding ASTRO could become the best way to stay involved in an ever growing market. There is strong reason to believe that Astronaut Capital’s model will drastically increase the dividend paid QOQ, and as such the price for the tokens should swell as well. As always, talk to an expert before making any investment decision and invest with a plan.